商务英语辅导:中级口语训练分析竞争对手

2015-03-20 18:10:02 字体放大:  

PETER DAY: I' ve just heard you' re going into partnership with a rather good japanese company.

皮特.戴:我听说你们要和日本的一家不错的公司合伙。

CLIVE HARRIS: That' s not exactly true...peter, are you still doing consultancy work?

克莱夫.哈里斯:也不全是这样……皮特,你还在做顾问业务吗?

PETER DAY: yes. I haven' t retired yet!

皮特.戴:是啊。我还没退休啊!

CLIVE HARRIS: Look, can i give you a lift back?

克莱夫.哈里斯:那 ,我开车送你回去,好吗?

We haven' t had a chance to chat for a long time.

我们好久没机会一起谈谈了。

DON BRADLEY: What have you found out about their marketing strategy?

堂.布拉德利:你对他们的营销策略有什么发现吗?

KATE MCKENNA: They have already scheduled a television advertising campaign.

凯特.麦凯纳:他们已经安排了一场电视广告推广。

DON BRADLEY: Who with?

堂.布拉德利:和谁一起?

KATE MCKENNA: e.g.n.c.

KATE MCKENNA: E.G.N.C. The company that they always use.

凯特.麦凯纳:E.G.N.C.他们一直用的那家公司。

DON BRADLEY: When is it scheduled?

堂.布拉德利:定在什么时候?

KATE MCKENNA: Something next month, but I haven' t found out the exact date yet.

凯特.麦凯纳:下个月的某个时候,但还没查到具体的日期。

DON BRADLEY: Have you heard what they are spending on TV advertising?

堂.布拉德利:有没有听说他们在电视广告上的花费是多少?

KATE MCKENNA: I don' t know.

凯特.麦凯纳:不知道。

GERALDINE: No, I' m sorry, they are still in a meeting.

杰拉尔丁:不,对不起,他们还在开会。

I don' t know how long they' ll be.

不知道还要开多久。

Let me take your number and I will get one of them to call you back.

我记下你的号码,我会让他们中的一个打回给你。

PETER DAY: It' s good of you to give me a lift.

皮特.戴:你真好,开车送我。

CLIVE HARRIS: It' s no problem.

克莱夫.哈里斯:没什么。

Are you still doing consultancy work for J.K. Toys?

你还在为J.K.玩具公司做顾问工作吗?

PETER DAY: I wondered why you were going out of your way to give me a lift.

皮特.戴:我正在想你为什么大老远地送我,又不顺路。

CLIVE HARRIS: Well, are you?

克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,你还在做吗?

PETER DAY: Technically no. I' ve just finished.

皮特.戴:可以说不做了。我刚做完。

But that work was confidential.

但那项工作是保密的。

CLIVE HARRIS: Yes, of course.

克莱夫.哈里斯:是的,当然。

You could be working for us, you know, I might need a consultant.

你可以为我们工作,要知道,我们也可能需要顾问。

PETER DAY: Really?

皮特.戴:真的?

CLIVE HARRIS: Well, perhaps.

克莱夫.哈里斯:嗯,或许。

I might need an idea of the best way to react to Dealer Dan.

我需要一个反击"商人丹"的最佳方式的点子。PETER DAY: How did you get to hear about that?

皮特.戴:你怎么知道的?

CLIVE HARRIS: A customer.

克莱夫.哈里斯:一个顾客告诉我们的。

Do you know that Dealer Dan is very like a new toy we have developed?

你知道"商人丹"跟我们的一款新玩具很相似吗?

Dealer Dan could hurt us badly.

"商人丹"可以重创我们。

I don' t want any secrets.

我不要任何秘密。

I don' t want to compromise you, I just want some general information.

我不想为难你,我只想要些大面上的信息。

<--商务英语-->