BEC商务英语活学活用:处理变化
Ⅰ.核心学习:处理变化
Michael: Billy, why are you sitting at this desk today?
迈克尔:比利,你今天怎么坐在这张桌子上?
Billy: My boss has moved me to a new desk and a new job.
比利:我上司让我挪到一张新桌子,并给了我一份新工作。
Michael: Is it a promotion?
迈克尔:是提升吗?
Billy: No, not really. Just a new job.
比利:不,不算得。只是一份新工作而已。
Michael: How do you feel about that?
迈克尔:你对此感觉如何?
Billy: Ok. I suppose but I like my old job better.
比利:我觉得还行吧,不过我更喜欢我的老工作。
Michael: I hate change. I just get settled in and then things change again.
迈克尔:我讨厌变动。我刚刚固定下来,又要变。
Billy: They say that a rut is a grave with the ends kicked out.
比利:他们说一成不变的生活是无底的坟墓。
Michael: So change is positive?
迈克尔:这么说变动是好事?
Billy: It must be! I don’t want to be in a grave yet!
比利:肯定是!我还不想呆在坟墓里!
相关推荐: